Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Publishing

Several years ago, I took my first steps in researching the art conservation field and discovered the three excellent programs that offer training. That same week I received an email from a former art history professor regarding a colleague from one of those very schools in need of a part-time assistant. Though I did not fully realize it at the time, this fortuitous event has given me an unparalleled opportunity to study art history while working alongside this paramount historian who besides a great scholar is most importantly a supportive mentor and friend.

One project mostly during the summer of 2010 was organizing, researching , and surveying the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection for a themed gift book, on "Metropolitan Couples."  My labors were credited on the title page, and with my first introduction to the publishing world I couldn't be happier with its release this fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment